Tuesday 7 October 2014

BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO


Why do I do this to myself? 
I need to get my priorities set straight.
It's literally 6 days before my first HSC paper and I decide to sit down and write a blog post...

So, back to the topic at hand. Dry shampoos aren't something that I use often (due to the fact that I wash my hair almost everyday), but since I was feeling super lazy and I hadn't washed my hair for a couple of days...
I thought I'd just try them out! 

Batiste is generally the go-to brand of dry shampoos (well, from what I've heard), and they claim to 'instantly refresh your hair between washes, leaving it feeling gorgeously clean with added body and texture'.

How it works:
- Shake the can vigorously 
- Hold the can around 30cm away from your hair
- Spray your roots lightly and with even coverage
- Use your fingertips to massage the product in
- Leave it for a few minutes, then brush the product out

The whole process took about maybe 10-15 minutes and it was an interesting experience. I can't say I like it better than actually washing my hair, but it's a great alternative if you're in a rush and need to spruce up.

Another thing I'm not so sure about are the little white residue bits I can see in my hair after using the dry shampoo. Maybe that's why you're supposed to brush your hair out afterwards. 

I feel like I should've picked up a different flavour (is it called flavour?) because 'Tropical' has a slightly overpowering coconut scent. The smell becomes quite nice once you've adapted to it, but at the beginning my nose was just starting to get a little irritated.

My hair looks quite volumised after using the product so that's awesome for those who look for products that give volume; it's a 2 in 1!

Overall, this product is pretty satisfactory - it does what it claims and it leaves your hair feeling much cleaner and less oiler than before. A great alternative for lazy days where you don't want to bother washing your hair. I just don't think that dry shampoos are something I'd use often. 

Batise has a wide range of 'flavours' such as:
- Original
- Cherry
- Wild
- Blush
- Fresh
- Tropical
- Light & Blonde
- Medium & Brunette
- Dark & Deep Brown

The last three claim to add a hint of colour that enhances and blends with your own hair tone.

xx jess



No comments:

Post a Comment